Sunday 20 January 2013

Money/voucher wallet

I received a customer request to make a 16.5 x 9 cm stiffened fabric wallet to hold notes of the cash kind and/or shopping vouchers.
Ellie's Treasures
Using two lovely fabrics (as a cover and a liner), both interfaced and having a layer of acetate between them to keep the wallet sturdy, as requested.  My customer uses a red handbag, so I chose fabrics that would go well with this and added a strip of red felt across the front, pastel green running stitch along it in embroidery silk and finished with a large floral button.  The outer material is taken from a vintage 70s party dress that once belonged to my sister-in-law!
Ellie's Treasures

What do you think?  I'm quite impressed and am going to make one for myself for my store vouchers.  They're currently kept in one place inside a shabby plastic wallet that's bent and torn!  This'll look far smarter.

2 comments:

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

I rather like the look of that, very handy. And I love the vintage fabric - and where it came from! Party dress wallet has a ring to it!

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Thank you :0) I remember having party dresses when I was a youngster - they were so special!