Wednesday 22 February 2017

Browsing and purchasing kind of day


Half term for Ben last week and as he asked to go into King's Lynn to have fun at the fair with his mates, it was a opportunity not to be missed to have a mooch around The Fent Shop in the town centre.  Being perhaps the best haberdashery in the area, with row upon row of colourful fabrics, bundles and reels of ribbons, trims and pretty embellishments, you can forgive me for spending quite a long time browsing.  They were selling mini packs of off-cut squares in just the tiny prints that I need for my work so with the helping assistance from one of the staff member sourcing just what I needed I came away with quite a good selection (together with some ribbon ... of course).

After a stop off at a well known coffee shop, downing two large mugs of tea and a delicious lemon and poppy seed muffin while I did a spot of online work, I headed off to TK Maxx.  I don't usually wander into the home section, but had time to kill so took my time looking at what they had.  Among the many books I found this absolute gem - The Shopkeeper's Home by Caroline Rowland.  Full of wonderfully styled photos of shop floors and shopkeeper's homes, lots of inspiration and a perfect coffee table book.

2 comments:

Christals Creations said...

What a lovely way to spend a day.

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

thanks, yes, I'd love to do it more often.